Job Description: Associate Project Manager (APM)
Experience required: 0 - 2 Years
The Associate Project Manager will have exposure to / responsibility in managing small to medium size projects and some client communication; over time, the APM will have the ability to manage all types/size of projects.
Other imperative skills required of the APM include:
- A strong understanding of what it takes to get the work done with excellence; if there are areas the APM feels they need more exposure, it is important they raise this to their Manager for support as soon as they can, so he/she can help educate them.
- Ability to understand what work needs to be done, why it is being done, who is doing it and when it will be and need to be done.
- Contributing to processes development and improvement is critical for this role. This may include the overall agency process, driving our working knowledge in Workamajig or other PM tools, etc.
- Exercising a thirst for continuous improvement in a creative environment and the ability to create and maintain strong trusting relationships across all functions is required.
- Eagerness to hone and refine skills in budget development, project planning, and SOW finalization is required.
- A comfort level speaking and engaging in daily Client communication. This can include topics such as project timelines, status updates, meeting scheduling and reminders.
- A positive attitude with a drive to support the rest of the Project Management and Account Management teams is of huge importance.
Hard Skills (teachable, quantitative)
- Building and adhering to project schedules / timing
- Clear communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Budget Management
- Project budgeting and estimating
- Resource Planning
- Great time management
- Detail Oriented and Organized
- Integrated Project Planning
Soft Skills (subjective, qualitative)
- Diligence and Goal Driven
- Constantly Curious
- Listening and Communication
- Constant Improvement
- Strong communication skills
The Associate PM should have an interest in developing the following skills:
- A strong understanding of what it takes to get the work done across a variety of different types of projects.
- Estimating and scoping is important but will be honed over time in this role.
- Driving the work on time and on budget for continuous improvement in an integrated environment and the ability to create strong, trusting relationships across all functions is required.
- Resource management; Process Improvement; Quality Assurance