JOB DESCRIPTION: Digital Media Director
Here at Curiosity, media is not just traditional, digital, programmatic, social or any of the other mediums we slap on a job description. It’s all those things and all the space in between. It’s a moment, a connection, an impact.
Media is the act of bringing the creative idea to life. It’s about finding both the right context as well as a brand new one. Curiosity is a Creative Solutions agency, and we therefore view media as the way in which the entire world sees and engages with those solutions.
We are looking for a Digital Media Director that knows what’s possible in the media space, and more importantly, has the curiosity to find new possibilities.
- This position is responsible for leading media planning, buying and reporting services for agency clients, ensuring KPIs are met and recommendations are made to enhance performance
- Manage and give clear direction to direct reports and set goals to reach the desired outcome of deliverables
- Deep understanding of the media landscape, consumer behavior, media consumption, and how to connect strategic thought leadership with activation across all digital channels
- Ability to find meaningful insights in data and information that informs and guides plans, recommendations and optimizations. Proactively recommend changes to plans to continuously improve results.
- Provide thought leadership to the agency and clients for data, investigate new tools and resources and help us innovate in the digital and data space
- Partner with data science on establishing and defining campaign measurement best practices as well as the day-to-day reporting and insights generation for delivery to clients
- Familiar with Web Analytics, Ad Servers, Media Research tools, and HTML
- Knowledge of 1st- & 3rd-party measurement, fraud and brand safety solutions (MOAT, IAS, DoubleVerify)
- Experience with ad serving solutions, tag management and ad operations including Campaign Manager
- Ability to present and communicate confidently and effectively with internal and external audiences
- Knowledge of traditional media tactics and role in the consumer journey a plus!
- Ability to evaluate and plan for new and emerging platforms
- Understands media metrics, measurement and process. Fluent in mathematical concepts with an ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas.
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements.
- Problem solver, ability to think through campaign delivery and performance issues and actively troubleshoot campaigns bringing forth proactive recommendations to ensure flawless execution and impactful results
- Range of experience across several categories preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and years of experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and high demonstrated accountability
- Ability to function independently, requiring minimal oversight
- Proven success in working with fast-moving agency executives and sometimes challenging client executives
- This person should have at least 8+ years of relevant experience in a previous role.
- Open to remote work
This position reports to the VP, Activation.
Curiosity is a fast-growing independent creative solutions agency with four superpowers: strategy, creative, media and analytics, all driven by curiosity. We use our extreme curiosity to strategically solve business and marketing challenges for courageous clients such as Procter & Gamble, Native, Brooks Running and Western & Southern Financial Group. Recognized by AdAge as a Small Agency of the Year and Campaign US Agency of the Year, we ask the right questions to solve the right challenges because we believe curiosity is the key to unlocking the right solutions.
Curiosity is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, the branding capital of the world and home to more Fortune 500 Companies per capita than anywhere else in the country. We hire only the most creative and courageous people on the planet. Spanning from top agencies across the globe, our integrated team includes account, strategy, program management, creative, media and analytics.