Curiosity is a fast-growing independent creative solutions agency with four superpowers: strategy, creative, media, and analytics, all driven by curiosity. We use our extreme curiosity to strategically solve business and marketing challenges for courageous clients such as Procter & Gamble, Native, Brooks Running, and Western & Southern Financial Group. Recognized by The International Webby Awards for Top Social Media Campaign, Communication Arts for Digital Advertising, The Cincinnati Business Courier as a Best Place to Work. The agency also just won a Campaign US Agency of the Year Award for Best Business Development Team and
a Campaign US Media Award for Best Integrated Storytelling Campaign, not to mention an AdAge Small Agency of the Year award. We ask the right questions to solve the right challenges because we believe curiosity is the key to unlocking the right solutions.
The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at Curiosity. This role administers employee health and welfare plans – working with brokers, insurance providers, and employees. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The Human Resource Coordinator makes that plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry, and support of the VP of Human Resources.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Owns execution of new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the VP of HR.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Converts physical files to electronic and files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Report, maintain and monitor all workers' compensation, unemployment and FMLA case files.
- Monitor and communicate employee eligibility dates for benefits plans.
- Review benefits with employees and process enrollment, cancellation or changes.
- Administer COBRA for group health plans as needed for exiting employees.
- Maintain benefits information in HRIS tools.
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; spends extra effort to put others at ease; warm, pleasant, and gracious.
- Organization/Attention to Detail – Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Business Acumen – Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Composure – Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Action-Oriented – Enjoys working hard (and having fun) and is full of energy; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Process Management – Good at figuring out processes necessary to get things done; can simplify complex processes.
- Integrity and Trust – Keeps confidences, doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain; can present truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Prior experience in BambooHR, Paycor HR & Payroll platform, a plus.
- Proficient with Goggle Workplace (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Forms, Slides, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least two years related experience required.
- SHRM-CP credential preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.