Curiosity is a fast-growing independent creative solutions agency with four superpowers: strategy, creative, media, and analytics, all driven by curiosity. We use our extreme curiosity to strategically solve business and marketing challenges for courageous clients such as Procter & Gamble, Native, Brooks Running, and Western & Southern Financial Group. Recognized by AdAge as a Small Agency of the Year, and Campaign US Agency of the Year, we ask the right questions to solve the right challenges because we believe curiosity is the key to unlocking the right solutions.
Curiosity is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the branding capital of the world and home to more Fortune 500 companies per capita than anywhere else in the country. We hire only the most creative and courageous people on the planet. Spanning from top agencies across the globe, our integrated team includes account, strategy, program management, creative, media, and analytics.
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for managing day-to-day projects across small-to large projects against a breadth of client engagements. The Senior Account Executive reports directly into senior account management team members in both a support and leadership capacity to facilitate best in class client engagements. This role will develop a deep understanding of the client’s business including the client’s goals, objectives, competitive landscape and opportunities and must bring a proactive, positive and growth-focused mentality to relationship management. Strong leadership skills, a thirst for continuous improvement and ability to create trusting relationships across all functions and levels will be critical to the success of a Senior Account Executive at Curiosity.
Specific position competencies & responsibilities:
- Focuses on building strong relationships with day-to-day client contacts, as well as builds respect and rapport with senior client leadership
- Builds a reputation with clients as a critical “go to” resource for the day-to-day workload by consistency and excellence in communication
- Customize and adapt communications style and work approach to different types and levels of client contacts based on deep knowledge of their personal and work style.
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of preparation required to deliver excellence and build trust
- Supports the development of critical client presentations
- Supports in the development and implementation of proactive business-building ideas for client and agency
- Supports and executes the overall strategic trajectory of the partnership
- Development and input into strategic client deliverables
- Focus on delivering results to meet client objectives with excellence
- Supports ad-hoc ideas and strategic initiatives
- Develops a deep understanding of current client scopes of work, inclusive of resource and time management
- Provides input to new scopes of work, including development of approach to new client briefs
- Participates in internal and external presentations of financial documents
- Prepares budget reports
- In partnership with project management, has an overall understanding and responsibility for financial health of client accounts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, rooted in clear communication
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal relationships grounded in trust and proactive thinking
- Demonstrated ability to manage up to senior account management team, as well as Curiosity leadership
- Coaches and mentors Associate Project Managers and interns
- Has a deep understanding and stewardship of agency process to ensure best quality of work product
- Provides ideas for continuous improvement of agency capabilities and processes
- Has an understanding and empathy for project management
- Ensures team has the tools they need to complete the work that is scoped
- Understands timeline and budget to properly partner with project management team
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of marketing, advertising or branding experience, at least five of those years within an agency. Integrated agency experience is ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to flex communication style based on the specific client, colleague or need
- Understanding of the creative process, including projects from big idea creative campaign development and production to digital-first initiatives with lower tier production budgets
- Understands media strategy for all major digital platforms, as well as traditional media
- Ability to think strategically and identify critical details and opportunities that make the most difference in the vision of the work
- Willingness to manage the fine details and have accountability for all aspects of a project/account